Thursday, February 17, 2011

Like a Little Child

Earlier today, I was frustrated. Stop it, I told myself. Don't be so childish. Then this song that we sang at RUF last Tuesday started to run through my head. It reminds us to become childlike and not childish. I have had to study the book of Mark for New Testament class and once again I was a shown that when we are in submission to God, we are best in a position for Him to use us. Jesus loved children, they are not pretentious, they come just as they are. I pray the Lord will take me back there, where I can rest in His control the way a child knows her father will take care of her and does not worry. I want to go so far as to lose my life, not count my own work as value, so that I may find it, in Christ be truly who He wants me to become. Becoming humble hurts sometimes, but it is worth it to sit my heavenly fathers lap!

1. Jesus cast a look on me,

Give me sweet simplicity
Make me poor and keep me low,
Seeking only Thee to know

2. All that feeds my busy pride,
Cast it evermore aside
Bid my will to Thine submit,
Lay me humbly at Thy feet

3. Make me like a little child,
Of my strength and wisdom spoiled
Seeing only in Thy light,
Walking only in Thy might

4. Leaning on Thy loving breast,
Where a weary soul can rest
Feeling well the peace of God,
Flowing from His precious blood

5. In this posture let me live,
And hosannas daily give
In this temper let me die,
And hosannas ever cry!



No comments:

Post a Comment

i love hearing from you. please be respectful and considerate when leaving a message.